Friday, September 18, 2009

A Very Faery Interview with The Page Flipper

A Very Faery Interview with The Page Flipper.

We’re back (didja miss us?) with another Very Faery Interview, this time with the awesome Chelsea of The Page Flipper. Rules are simple: have fun, say whatever comes to mind, and no turning hapless bloggers into animals, vegetables, or minerals. *Glares at Puck.* Other than that, anything goes. Meghan, Ash, Puck; its all yours.


Meghan: Hi Chelsea! I hear you’re a writer too. Tell us a little about your writing. What’s your story about? How far along are you? Do you write everyday?

Hi Meghan! I sure am. I try and write every day, but I’d be lying if I said I made that goal 365 times a year. But, hey, it’s just a little while lie. So, erm, yes. Right now, on my WIP, I’m around 15,000 words, and it’s a paranormal, edgy tale. It has two smexy boys that I’m decidedly obsessed with, although ones kind of, you know, viciously evil. But whatevs. Most of what I write is supernatural or fantasy based, but I branch off into a lot of other genres, just like I do with my reading.


Puck: What kind of supernatural boyfriend/love-interest/stalker would you not mind having?

Does Jensen Ackles from Supernatural count? He’s not supernatural himself, but he’s close enough to it that I’m definitely thinking it should count. *drools* But, if you’re crabby and want to deprive me of Jensen, I’ll go with Jace from the Mortal Instruments series. I’m thinking he’ll do. Oh! Or Spike from Buffy. He can stalk me any day. Can I just have all three? Go polygamy!


Ash: What has been the best and worst part of blogging?

The best part is talking about books with other readers. I’ve made a lot of great friendships through this, both online and in person – book bloggers (and readers in general) have this type of kinship we can all relate to. It’s great. The worst part is the time it takes to keep it current and active. Sometimes I’m forced to stop myself from ogling boys to write a review, and that’s just depressing. I wish I had one of Hermione’s Time Turners or something. But other than that, I absolutely love book blogging.


Meghan: If you could bring any one character out of a book into the real world, who would it be?

Hmm. You! (brownie points?) You can come with Jackie Faber from Bloody Jack and we can have a paaaarty! It’ll be fun, eh?


Puck: Soooo, you’re a writer, eh? Quick, use these words in a sentence: purple, roller coaster, lemonade, socks, flinging/flung, elephant, Edward Cullen.

Edward Cullen, moping as usual, was being dragged to the circus. Again. Carlisle has a very awkward and irrational love of clowns, so these secret “hunting” trips have been happening frequently for the past hundred years. He grudgingly follows the path to the entrance, passing lemonade and cotton candy stands without interest. An elephant off to the right was flinging a group of midgets up into the air with his trunk, each of them catching on to a beam. There was a roller coaster off to the left, and it snaked into a giant fake gorilla’s open mouth, flashing lights coming from inside. Ringling Brothers has this place pretty decked out, and if he hadn’t seen it all before, he probably wouldn’t be gagging. His nausea induced, though, he missed Carlisle running over to talk to the Head Clown, whose purple hat was docked on his head two feet high, and had polka-dotted socks sticking out of his giant clown shoes. This would all be so much easier if he didn’t have to hear Carlisle’s creepy clowntastic thoughts.

And holy crap, I just saw the word “sentence” up there. You wanted that all in ONE sentence, Puck? After I just wrote that whole thing? Negative. I’m cheating. Besides, I think you changed it after I was 2/3 of the way through. I’m on to you, trickster.

Puck: Uh oh. I’m becoming too transparent.

Ash: Who are some of your favorite authors? And if you could spend an hour talking to any author you wanted, dead or alive, who would it be?

I love everything by Laurie Halse Anderson, and she’d definitely be my hour-long conversationalist. I’d probably spontaneously combust from excitement, though. Eek. Chelsea bits everywhere! But I also love Meg Cabot, L.A. Meyer, Scott Westerfeld, Mary Pearson, Suzanne Collins, and countless others. These are all authors who have several books I’ve enjoyed, but there are a ton of debut authors whose writing and storytelling give me goosebumps.


Meghan: Reading is great because you get to travel wherever the book takes you. But, if you could go anywhere in the world, regardless of time or money, where would you go?

Dangerous question. I’ll just pick the entirety of Europe. I really want to go to Scotland, Paris, England, Rome – the whole works. I really, really want to travel one day.


Puck: What flavor Skittle are you? Also, what is better: Skittles or Jelly Belly? Also, what flavor Jelly Belly do you hate? (I can’t stand the popcorn ones. Popcorn is fluffy, people!)

Are you kidding? Skittles rock. Stupid Jelly Belly’s don’t know their place. I’d be orange, too, because, um, it tastes the best? I’ve heard they all taste the same if you plug your nose, though, but I think it’s a load of crap. Want to test it for me?

Puck: Sure! Hey, Ash, plug your nose.

Ash: *Glares, draws sword.*

Ash: And now we come to the zombie question. The Zombie Apocalypse has arrived. The undead are beating down your doors and you must flee to safety, but you can only take three things with you. What are they?

Is the safety relative, or true? Because those would be completely different answers. If we’re truly free of the zombies, I won’t need my arsenal of guns, now, will I? We’ll assume safety.
1) My battlecat, Kringer.
2) My laptop (“safety” better have internet)
3) Buffy the Vampire Slayer boxed set.

Bring it on, zombies.
Puck: *Eyes Ash.* She has a gun arsenal?
Ash: Hn. I like her.

Thanks, Chelsea, for the interview. Before we go, is there anything you’d like to ask Meghan, Ash, or Puck?

Thank you. And to any of you – what’s your favorite movie, from any era? If you three can pester your author into answering, too, I’d be tickled.

Meghan: I love horror movies of any type. I couldn’t pick just one, but I like especially Halloween (the first one), Twenty-Eight Days Later (speedy zombies!), and The Grudge.

Puck: I love all the Midsummer’s Night Dreams, for obvious reasons.

Ash: I like anything with sword fights, particularly those by the mortal Kirosawa. I can appreciate the mindset of the human samurai.

Author: Oh, I can’t pick a favorite. I do love all the Miyazaki films, particularly Princess Mononoki, Spirited Away, and Howl’s Moving Castle.

Puck: Julie likes cartoons.

Author: Shut up, Puck.

16 comments:

  1. I love the concept of the interview. I like that Chelsea mentioned Jace and Jensen ... two bad boys that are good boys deep inside. By the way ... Punk you rock!


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Great interview. Ha, Chelsea and her Jensen obsession... *shakes head*. I most definately agree about jelly bellys - skittles pawn jelley bellys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :)
    Thanks for the fun and informative interview!
    I love Puck!
    Thank you for sharing Chelsea.
    :)
    All the best,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interview. Chelsea is super fabulous.

    But really, Chelsea? Orange? Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would rather have jelly bellys but... on another matter, the interview was amazeing. Thanks for shareing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Puck: Julie likes cartoons! Author: shut up, Puck. Super funny! I love you ash and puck! ( especially ash) go team Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, Puck is hilarious. =3

    ReplyDelete
  8. also, Miyazaki for an absolute EPIC WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ash always asks the same question. funny cuz i dont think its something ash wud bother thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this interview!
    Puck:*eyeing Ash* She has an arsenel of guns?
    Ash:Hn. I like her.
    That is soooo an Ash comment! I ws laughing for like when i read this interview.
    P.S. TEAM PUCK FOREVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chelsea made this interview extra fun :>
    keep em coming julie <3
    on a side note-puck, cartoons are absolutely fabulous (especially the miyazaki ones)
    don't diss them ;U

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these interviews! Please keep them coming!
    I thought is was awesome when Chelsea mentioned Jace!
    GO TEAM ASH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this and especially all the Buffy comments! I'd have to fight her for Spike though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Puck heres the trick to the righting question. ready go. Puck just said "Quick, use these words in a sentence: purple, roller coaster, lemonade, socks, flinging/flung, elephant, Edward Cullen."

    ReplyDelete